A exclusive Interview by Kishore Pratim Biswas



Q: Tell us about your solo show on "Nostalgia of Steam Locomotives"...
A: That time, I was around 5 to 6 years old. I lived in a place where the locomotives travel around. And I was always running out to watch them and I loved to sketch them. This was my old memory of childhood. I try to recall that and translate into the canvas. That is how the series of "NOSTALGIA OF STEAM LOCOMOTIVES" has come up...

Presently there is no Steam Locomotive around us. You might be seen in the museum or other places as antic. My idea is to percent those locomotives to the new generation through this exhibition.

It’s a Nostalgia of YOU & ME




Q: What is the thought behind the TITLE of "Nostalgia of Steam Locomotives"?
A:
Well, The "Nostalgic" itself always is an emotional memories of our early days of life, which we never forget, which is always being with us. That exciting memories always feel us happy… and make us sentimental…

…Same happened with me. I never forget those memories of my early days. Where, I used to spend time with the locomotives. Day by day I was running to the locomotives. Still now, I remember fun of steams coming out from  engine, I love the sound of whistling “…Choo… Choo… Choo…”

Those were most happiest day in my life… Those memories are always recalled, and influenced me to do the series of canvas on the steam locomotives …

That’s the story behind the TITLE of the show “Nostalgia of Steam Locomotives”.
  

 


How important is mood in your Painting?


A: This is an style of impressionistic in my painting. My painting is mostly about a old feeling, an ambiance, that I want to convey. You can call it a form of a nostalgia, as I find that these themes from the 70's and 80's are still up-to-date. 




How would you describe your technique and style?


A: The technique & style is very simple, this is an acrylic painting on canvas. Here, I try to use the method of color perspective and contrast of lighting in all over the composition. Mostly I use the monotonic color palate like; Sepia, Gray and Black & White. Just because of the paintings are looking more of oldies.




Who are your inspirations?


I am inspired by myself, who is always working head, optimistic, and believe in own philosophy. My philosophy is “devotion in your work, producing the best work, achieving the goal”.




What is the message from your work to the audience?

A: Presently there is no Steam Locomotive around us. You might be seen in the museum or other places as antic. My idea is to percent those locomotives to the new generation through this exhibition.

My objective is to percent those locomotives to the new generation through this show.

The massage is very simple; please come “Watch it, Feel it, believe it from your insight” …You fall in love of Steam Locomotives…





Popular Posts